While the Information Security blogging scene is relatively small here in Australia, the guys in it are always bringing out interesting things. Here’s a brief roundup of what’s been happening lately:
- Donal at Ockham’s Razor looks at Electronic Voting in his latest post and raises, (what to us), are valid points. He links to an article from Ireland which is interesting reading. Do yourself a favour and read some of D’s other posts. Worth scanning through for some thinking “outside the square”.
- Wade doesn’t focus that much on Information Security anymore but every so often, he’ll have a few gems there. Interesting reading at wadem anyway.
- The west’s biggest and best blogger, Christian at un-excogitate.org covers the latest OWASP meeting in Perth and also talks about Cloud Security in his latest posts.
- Jordan at Security Technology Science has started posting again. I like Jordan’s posts as he looks at the psychology of our industry and the people within it. He’s got extensive experience so for new guys coming up through the ranks (and those already there), it’s interesting to get that take from a “veteran”. (He’ll hate me saying that as he’s heaps younger than me!)
- Another BJJ/MMA exponent (gees, there’s a few in our industry), Jarrod at /DEV/NULL has posts on Cloud Security and Exemptions which are worth a read. Post your thoughts to Jarrod.
- The Big 4 man Matthew at Infamous Agenda has recently been getting hot over a few topics. Go see what’s been getting Matt worked up.
- Pat’s Risky.Biz continues to be one of the best Information Security podcasts out there. He’s got a heap of new stuff; forums, vids and the usual weekly Risky Business podcast.
- Eldar’s stuff at Just Another Hacker makes my old technical – now non-technical head spin, but for you techo dudes, go suss it out.
- James at Karter.Net while not a totally security focused blog, but Open Source and other things, plus his experience, is publishing a lot of good stuff. To narrow it down to one sentence would not do it justice. Click away.
- Philip at PhilipHall.com has been talking about Apple vulns in recent times. “CyberSecurity Junkie” and worth reading his archive of posts.
- Bradley at Inside Out continues his focus on forensics, digital evidence and legal issues. One of few in Australia blogging about this topic. Worth bookmarking!
I haven’t covered everyone, but if you are blogging in Australia or know of someone who is, let us know and we’ll add them to the Australian IT Security Blog Directory.